Our Family Support Center is a supportive, homelike setting where parents and caregivers can come to find resources and referrals, receive counseling, meet and share feelings and concerns with other parents, attend a support or parenting skills group, use the free phone, computer and printer, or just relax, enjoy free refreshments and spend some time apart from their children.
Visitors to the Family Support Center can also get help with:
- Individual and family counseling
- Domestic violence and substance abuse counseling
- Family communication
- Organizing paperwork and schedules
- Time and money management
- Stress and anger management
- Housing search support
- Job support and resume assistance
While parents and caregivers are using the Family Support Center or accessing other on-site services, children are cared for in our Children’s Playroom.
Pregnant women and parents and caregivers of children 18 and younger are welcome, regardless of whether a child is present at the time of their visit. Family Support Center services are voluntary and free of charge.
The Center also offers a variety of free weekly support groups for parents and families.
Family Support Center Drop-In Hours:
- Monday – Thursday (except holidays): 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- If you would like to schedule an appointment with a counselor on Wednesdays at 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm, please call 415-387-3684 to set up a Parent Call-In Appointment.